Top 10 tips to write a job application 2019?
A cover letter is a one-page letter that you attach to your job application. Unless an employer clearly states that they do not need one.
To include the most compelling and relevant details in your job application letter, you need to know what the employer wants. The biggest clues can be found in the job posting, so spend some time decoding it. Then match your qualifications with the desires and needs of the employer.
Make a list of your previous job experience and skills. For example, if the job offer calls for a strong leader, imagine examples of situations where you successfully led a team in your previous jobs. Once you have written down a few notes and understood what you want to highlight in your letter, you are ready to start writing your job application.
- Keep your job applicationas short as One page
- Make sure you write about your relevant job experiences
- Length:Job application letter must not exceed one page
- Page Size and Margins:An application letter must be single-spaced with a space between each paragraph. Use margins of about 1 “and align your text to the left, the standard alignment of most documents.
- Font:Make use of simple font like Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri. The font size must be between 10 and 12 points.
- Use the commercial letter format. Use a formal letter format when writing your job applicationEnter your contact information at the top, date and contact information of the employer. Make sure to provide a greeting at the beginning and your signature at the end.
- Sell yourself. Throughout the job applicationletter, focus on the benefits you would get to the business. Provide specific examples of occasions when you have demonstrated skills or abilities that may be useful for the position, particularly those listed in the job posting or description. If possible, give examples of when you added value to a business. Numerical values provide concrete evidence of your job skills and achievements.
- Use keywords. Review the job list by enclosing all the keywords (skills or abilities highlighted in the list). Try to include some of these words in the cover letter of your job application. This will help the employer to see that you are well suited for the job position.
- Be brief. Keep your letter under a page, with no more than four paragraphs. An employer is more likely to read a short letter.
- Spell and Grammar check-. Employers may overlook your job applicationwith many errors. Therefore, read your cover letter and, if possible, ask a friend or guidance counsellor to reread the letter. Review any grammar or spelling errors.