Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience it s what IBMers do. As we tackle the world s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world s top business and technology professionals.
Multi Vendor Services (MVS) Sales Specialist
• MVS Sales Specialist professionals are responsible for selling IBM Multi-Vendor Services (MVS) offerings directly to customers.
• The MVS Sales Specialist is the lead sales person on TSS Multi-Vendor Services (MVS) engagement.
• You will be an expert in MVS offerings and responsible for the development and closing complex TSS MVS solutions in country.
• You will be leading large, multi-functional teams covering large, complex MVS opportunities, negotiating with the highest levels of customer management and responsible for the unit MVS sales strategy, gathering requirements and provide advice to sales and development executives. In addition to achieving personal business objectives, MVS Sales Specialist assures that sales of MVS offerings meets assigned objectives in the country.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive/expert technical sales knowledge of MVS offerings, along with with financial and selling skills in engaging and closing sales opportunities, that can be applied to opportunities across the business unit. Demonstrates required proficiency levels for technical and sales skills, as defined for incumbents in this position.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of the management and/or sales processes, techniques, and tools associated with the specialty offerings, and guides others in their use. Identifies and implements improvements to them. Examples of these techniques and tools include, but are not limited to, opportunity / territory management, cost justification, acquisition management, service business management and channel management processes.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of competition's offerings, strategies, and plans. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and creates customer preference for IBM offerings, based on that differentiation.
• Teamwork at highest levels. Leads large, complex engagement teams responsible for the development of deliverables, such as client proposal and presentations. Drives and manages an effective partnership with the clients through contact with executive management and individuals that influence the customer s executive team.
Leads negotiations with the highest levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sales.
• Applies creativity and judgment in developmental work on complex TSS MVS opportunities or other TSS MVS projects within the business environment. Directs resource team to ensure appropriate quantity and quality of technical/services resources are deployed.
• Leads team of professionals and provides ongoing guidance in the development of MVS solutions for large or complex opportunities. May lead more than one MVS opportunity concurrently.
• Accountable for business unit sales and specific personal objectives, including contract signings, profit, expense, and customer satisfaction.
• Develops the strategies and tactics that will win the business, including teaming arrangement, alliances, subcontractors, competitive strategies, tactics and responses. Has overall responsibility for the final proposal to the client.