Please note however, that the visa is granted at the sole discretion of the Consulate General of Poland.
LONG TERM VISA
The two main documents you will to enter Poland if are not a EU citizen are a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required).
As a general rule you need a visa to enter Poland. There are, however, a number of countries that are free of this requirement. You can check if your country is on the list here:
Poland is a part of the Schengen zone, so you can apply for a Polish visa and travel all around Europe (excluding the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and states outside of the EU).
There are several types of visas to choose from
- “A” type – an airport transit Schengen visa, so it cannot be used by a student coming to Poland
- “C” type – a short-term Schengen visa allowing the holder to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 90 days in 180 days period
- “D” type – a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for up to 90 days in a 180 days period A visa can only be extended in exceptional situations. Should you need to stay in Poland longer than specified in your visa please do apply for the temporary residence permit (see below)
5 easy steps to get a visa
- Find a Polish consulate that can process you application. You can use the MFA’s search engine http://mfa.gov.pl
- Read carefully ALL the information concerning visa application on the consulate’s website and follow ALL the instructions.
- Set a visa appointment with the consulate. In most cases you will have to register through the website: http://www.e-konsulat.gov.pl
- Prepare the necessary documents, including: application form, travel document (passport), biometric photo, health insurance, sufficient means to support yourself, documents confirming the purpose of your stay. The specifics of the required documentation may vary among consulates, so confirm them with the consulate’s website.
- Submit all the documents including a printed and signed application form and the visa fee. Your visa application is complete. It will take up to 15 days for it to be reviewed.