Provides technical leadership and mentoring to other UNIX experts in the organization.
* Minimum 6+ years of relevant working experience in SOLARIS.
* At least 4+ Yrs in supporting customer on system administration area.
* Sound Knowledge in Solaris (10/11) Operating System.
* Able to handle most of basic to advanced calls in User, group management, system start-up, service modification, crontab entries, ACL modifications, file system management (SVM), networking (NIC bonding) root & OS backup/recovery tools (preferably Mondo or equivalent), native utilities for performance monitoring.
* Experience in Server Management, Backup, with the help of the Tools provided. Any proactive monitoring tools i.e. Open View, Site Scope, OO, etc. will be added Advantage.
* Should have used any backup management software, preferably HP Data Protector or else Legato, Net backup, TSM, VERITAS, etc.
* Thorough understanding on Disks Volume Administration SVM (Solaris Volume Administration) / VXVM, SMC (Solaris Management Console), ALOM/SC/RSC/OBP.
Able to handle most of basic to advanced calls in User, Group management, system start-up, service modification, crontab entries, ACL modifications, file system management, networking (IPMP), OS backup/recovery tools & ufsdump backups.
* Experience in Solaris OS installation (Jumpstart), Software and Patch management.
* Working Knowledge of SUN cluster/Super cluster, Solaris Zones/Virtualization (LDOM).
* Good knowledge of parameters tuning, services administration, printer management, etc.
* Should have used any proactive monitoring tools i.e. Open View, Tivoli, Big-brother etc.
* Interpersonal sensitivity and customer responsiveness with good spoken and written communication skills, team working skills & require shift operations.
* Ability to communicate technical contents and vendor management.
* Able to co-ordinate installation & Configuration of Solaris Operating system with Hardware vendors.
* Good process knowledge in call login, tracking, closure procedures. Knowledge of ITSM processes
* Should have understanding of any storage technologies, experience on Sun T and M series server platform will be preferred.
* Adhere to SLA response and resolution times and ensure cases are regularly updated.
* Escalation of problems in a timely manner as per the escalation matrix.
* Certification in UNIX flavor, it can be compromised if candidate is having good technical knowledge.
* Experience in managing team size of 6 to 10.
* Capable of handling over all DC operations.
* Preferred Certification in any of UNIX flavor. Certification can be compromised provided candidate is having good technical knowledge.
* Should have excellent hands on experience in SOLARIS system administration.
* Should have excellent knowledge/hands-on in SOLARIS Clusters with trouble shooting knowledge and core expertize for performance related issues including kernel tuning, etc.
Experience in server security, monitoring & management tools
Should have expert knowledge in SVM.