Please note however, that the visa is granted at the sole discretion of the Consulate General of France.
If you are an Indian citizen or legal resident, over the age of 18, desirous of pursuing your studies at a French institution of higher education,
for a period longer than 3 months (90 days), you must complete the Campus France application process prior to applying for the French visa.
The category as follows:
Full time programs (Under graduate/Master’s level/Twinning degrees (dual degree)
STEP 1: Documents checklist for Admission
- Passport copy front and last page
- Passport size photo
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Mark sheets and passing certificates for all these levels:
- High School
- Degree (All levels)*
- IELTS (Minimum: 5.5)**
- Work Experience (If Any)
- Any other certificates
- Scanned copy of application form (Duly filled and signed)
*Degree levels refer to all mark sheets from first year to final university exam. For example:
- BCom – Sem I
- BCom – Sem II
- BCom – Sem III
- BCom – Sem IV
- BCom – Sem V
- BCom – Sem VI
Mark sheets should also be accompanied with passing certificates wherever applicable.
Applicants are requested to make submissions as early as possible in order to speed up the admission and visa process.
STEP 2: Online Registration to ETUDES EN FRANCE
- Log on to www.india.campusfrance.org. In the "Register on line" box click on Create Your Account.
- In the new window, fill the account creation form. You will receive an email requesting you to choose your password as per the requirements. Note Campus France Registration Number (ex. INXX-XXXX)
- To access your account, go to www.india.campusfrance.org. In the Register on line box, click on ‘Enter Your Account’. Log in using the chosen Username (id) / Password.
- Click on Admitted Candidate, if you already hold an admission letter. Fill your personal information, academic records, language skills & CV+SOP sections. Upload documents [CV/Resume, Photograph, and Passport, Academic Records (Mark sheets & Certificates)].
- Wait for the Campus France advisor to review your file and call you for an appointment.
STEP 3: The Academic Interview
- Your Campus France office will contact you for an appointment for the academic interview (Or click on: Contact us )
- You will have to appear in person for the academic interview with the Campus France advisor, during which you will be required to explain your reasons for choosing France and the institution where you have been admitted. You must also carry All mandatory documents (originals + one set of photocopies) and the Campus France fee payment receipt (Ref: Campus France Fee Payment Procedure )
- The photocopies will be verified against the originals and returned to you at the end of the interview, along with an Interview completion certificate from the Campus France advisor.
STEP 4: Schedule an appointment with VFS - France for document submission
- After the academic interview, please schedule an appointment with VFS-France, to submit your documents (photocopies) and passport (original).
- Go to www.vfs-france.co.in to schedule the appointment online or via telephone.
- List of documents to be submitted for:
• Long stay student visa (more than 3 months)