Please note however, that the visa is granted at the sole discretion of the Consulate General of Malaysia.
Documents required to get a new Student Pass in Malaysia
In order to get a new student pass, you must furnish the following documents:
- Original or copy of offer letter from the Malaysian university/ institute
- One signed copy of IMM 14 (student pass application form) completed and downloaded from EMGS
- 2 passport size photographs with BLUE background (3.5cm x 5cm)
- A copy each of ALL certified pages of passport (including special pass and/or exit stamp, where applicable)
- 1 copy of special pass and/or passport page with exit stamp (where applicable)
- A passport valid for at least 1 year from the day you enter Malaysia
- A copy of academic and other certificates certified as per requirement of EMGS or by the IHE if the IHE has seen the original certificates or the original certified true copy
- Pre-arrival Medical Examination Report from India
- Typed or hand written personal bond form that should be stamped (Personal bond is a certain amount of money to be paid to your educational institution as a security deposit; students from India need to pay RM 750 i.e. approximately Rs.11,900 as personal bond)
Once EMGS receives your application, your student pass would be ready within 14 working days. You can also download their app to track the progress.
- Visa Application Form (back to back) filled completely with block capital letters and duly signed by the applicant.
- Original passport -Machine readable (Two copies of bio pages of passport are required for applicant applying in West India).
- Passport should be valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Malaysia.
- Please ensure three complete blank pages in the passport for the purpose of Visa stamping and approval.
- 2 recent photographs (One loose and one on application form) Photograph specification: 3.5cm X 5cm 60%-70% face appearance in white background. Photographs clearly show from crown to shoulders.
- Confirmed Air-Ticket with flight details and E- ticket number.
- VDR Approval Letter:
Please provide any one of the following VDR letters:
- Original VDR Approval Letter in a sealed envelope comes through the Immigration Department of Malaysia along with a copy of the same. The letter should be addressed to the High Commission of Malaysia, New Delhi for applicants applying in North & East India, Consulate General of Malaysia, Chennai for applicants applying in South India and Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai for applicants applying in West India.
- In case of EVDR - Two print outs of E-VDR approval Letter come through the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The letter should be addressed to the Malaysia Missions in India.
- In case of MDEC - Two print outs of MDEC Approval Letter come through the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The letter should be addressed to High Commission of Malaysia, New Delhi for applicants applying in North & East India, Consulate General of Malaysia, Chennai for applicants applying in South India and Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai for applicants applying in West India.
Note: - For Application’s submitted in Mumbai and Chennai if the reference number on the VDR letter starts with ICT then applicant need to submit Original VDR approval letter with 2 copies.
If reference number starts with MSC, then applicant need to provide 2 copies of the same.