Please note however, that the visa is granted at the sole discretion of the Consulate General of Russia.
Documents needed for a student visa
- An original, valid, and signed passport with at least one blank page, valid for 6 months after the end of your stay
- A copy of the Russian visa application form completed and signed.
- Two passport-size photos, signed on the reverse.
- A letter of invitation from a university/school in Russia, which can only be issued by the local Visa Service of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (OVIR) .
- An original HIV Certificate showing a negative result is required for stays of more than 3 months.
- A copy of your diploma/certificate or examination results from your previous or current place of study.
- A copy of the invoice issued by the university/school in Russia proving that you have already paid for tuition.